We have several rooms in our Nursery. Each is appropriately equipped for the age group in that room.
Daily Life in the Nursery includes:
- Babies and younger children are encouraged to play with a variety of toys, to develop different skills.
- Children will also be offered a variety of creative activities, for example sticking, painting and colouring and also they will play with and experience such things as sand, water and playdough. Sometimes we send home items, which the children have made, for you to display.
- Staff talk constantly to our babies and young children, to encourage the development of language.
- We endeavour to spend time outside daily. We have dedicated outdoor equipment and we also use sand, water and constructional toys outside.
Songs & Stories
- The songs we sing are well known nursery rhymes and we read and enjoy many stories with the children, both inside and out.
- Children over a year old sleep on a mattress with their own linen after lunch and can rest on a beanbag at other times during the day if they are tired.
- We provide equipment, which is safe and suitable for the relevant age group.
- Equipment is washed/sterilised weekly.
- We have secure, fenced garden areas for the babies and young children, which we use daily.
- Sometimes we like to take the children out for a short walk either in pushchairs or on foot. You will be asked to sign a consent form to allow us to do this occasionally.
Meals & Drinks
- We provide a biscuit or fruit and a drink of milk mid-morning.
- A hot lunch is served at 12 noon. Food is prepared onsite using fresh ingredients.
- Tea is served at 3.30pm.
Continue to Care